College Visits



GPA/Class Rank


Schedule Changes


How do I get a copy of my transcript?

Transcripts for college applications must be sent directly from the school. To request that a transcript be sent, or for an official transcript for a scholarship application, see Mrs. Shore in the Attendance Office.

Will you send my official ACT scores along with my transcript?

Yes. All official ACT scores are included on your official transcript.

How many college days can I take ?

Students are allowed to make 2 college visits during their junior year and if needed another 2 during their senior year. For more information on college visits, click HERE.

What do I need to do if I want to make a college visit?

A parent or guardian must excuse the student through the attendance office in advance. Students are also asked to bring back a note from the college to give to our attendance office as verification of their visit. For more information on college visits, click HERE.

I'm in a sport/band. Can I get out of P.E.?

P.E. waivers are available for juniors and seniors who are participating in IHSA recognized athletics and/or band. Students may waive only the semester during which they are in this activity. To waive, complete the P.E. Waiver Form (Sports) or the P.E. Waiver Form (band) and return it to your counselor.

How do I make a schedule change?

Very few schedule changes will be permitted. Counselors will work with students each spring to ensure that they choose classes as wisely as possible. Students should see their counselor to discuss the possibility of a schedule change.

How do I drop a class?

Pick up a copy of the Schedule Change Request Form from your counselor. Return it promptly to your counselor signed by yourself, your teacher, and a parent/guardian. Students are not allowed to drop required courses.

When is the last day I can drop a class?

The last day to drop a class and replace it with a study hall is the final day of 1st quarter for a Semester 1 class and the final day of 3rd quarter for a Semester 2 class. Dropping a class and replacing it with a different course must be done within the first week of each semester.

What is my GPA and/or class rank?

Your current GPA and class rank can be found by logging in to Family/Student Access on Skyward.

How often are GPAs figured?

GPAs and class rank are figured twice each year -- once at the end of each semester.

How do I figure my GPA?

GPAs are figured using a very complex formula based on your grades, honors/AP classes taken, and the number of semesters you have completed. Click HERE for a detailed explanation of this formula or HERE for a calculator you can use to figure your own GPA.

Who is my counselor?

Counselors are assigned based on the first letter of students' last names. You will have the same counselor for all four years of high school. If your last name begins with A-K, Mr. Lybarger will be your counselor. If it begins with L-Z, Mr. Garrison will be your counselor.

How do I contact my counselor?

If you are not in school and need to contact your counselor, you can call the high school (217-586-4962) or send an email directly to your counselor. During school hours, you can stop by your counselors office when you have time. If your counselor is busy, fill out an orange half-sheet "Request to See a Counselor" form and leave it in your counselor's mailbox. These forms are available on the shelf in the main office.

Is my GPA on a 5.0 or a 4.0 scale? How do I convert from one to the other?

Your GPA is on a weighted 4.0 scale.

What do I need to do if I want to graduate early?

Click HERE for details on early graduation.

I'm moving to the M-S district. What do I need to do?

Welcome to the district! Click HERE for more information on registration and enrollment of a new student.
























This site is best viewed using the most recent version of Internet Explorer or Google Chrome
Unless noted otherwise, content is property of MSHS Guidance & Counseling | Do not duplicate without consent